We are pleased to offer a comprehensive Freeride Sports Program that is accessible to a wide variety of athletes, from kids looking to develop freeriding skills to driven competitors.
Mission: Crystal Mountain Freeride utilizes our huge mountain playground to help teach core principles of excellent riding technique, mountain safety, good decision-making, competition freeriding, and mountain skills.
With this in mind, we have created a developmental pipeline for our participants. This approach aids in creating an environment that allows coaches to focus on athletes’ development and skills. They move through a system that teaches fundamentals in technical skiing and riding in appropriately challenging terrain.
Freeride Development Program – Ski & Snowboard (Ages 7-15)
Registration is closed. Please visit the Snowsports School Desk to learn more about daily lessons.
This program is designed to introduce kids to Crystal Freeride. Participation introduces kids to the concepts of technical skiing, tactics, mountain awareness and an introduction to safe travel in off-piste terrain.
- The Freeride Development Team provides a bridge program for kids between our Snowsports School multiweek lessons and All Mountain Freeride.
- For kids with solid skills and an interest in Freeride who need some technique work and additional time on the snow.
The following program is offered for Alpine and Snowboarding.
- 6-Week program Sundays only
- Schedule: T.B.D. for 2019-2020
- Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Price: T.B.D. for 2019-2020
- Price includes lunch
Note: This is not a “learn to ski program.” Children must be able to confidently ski or board the runs serviced by the Green Valley Chair.
All Mountain Freeride Program – Ski Only (Ages 11-18)
This program is designed to help freeride athletes improve their freeriding skills and help those interested in competition achieve better results.
- For kids 11-18 who are high-level off-piste skiers and snowboarders with solid technique who want to improve their skills, mountain awareness, snow safety, air awareness, tricks, and have fun in an encouraging, friendly environment
The following program is offered for Skiing Only.
- 8-Week program (Saturday or Sunday) from 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Saturday Dates: T.B.D. for 2019-2020
- Sunday Dates: T.B.D. for 2019-2020
- Price: $T.B.D. for 2019-2020
Note: This is not a “learn to ski program”. Kids must be able to confidently ski runs serviced by Chair 6 and Northway lifts.
Early registration is encouraged for all Freeride Team sessions. If you need to cancel, registrations must be cancelled no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled session. If a cancellation is made within 14 days of the session, a cancellation fee equaling 50% of the session price will be charged. No-shows are non-refundable.
For questions regarding lessons email [email protected] or call 360.663.3037