Parents Guide To Kids Club
How should I dress my child?
Start with a thin layer next to the skin – long johns or thermals. Layer according to the weather with polar fleece tops and pants as insulation on colder days. Bring a hat and helmet, neck warmer and waterproof mittens. Don’t forget ski goggles or sunglasses. Use only one pair of socks, preferably wool ski socks as they keep kids’ feet drier and warmer. Apply sunscreen.
Where do I begin?
Upon arrival at Crystal Mountain, head to the Snowsports School Sales Center to collect your rental form and lesson and lift tickets. Then, walk a few yards into the Kids Club facility to be fitted for rentals. The Snowsports Sales Center is open daily from 8:00 am until 4:30 p.m.
Check-in for Little Foot begins at 9:00 am in the inside the Kids Club facility. A assigned cubby allows you to store any street clothes, extra layers, etc. Your child will need to check in for their lesson already dressed for the day with their ski/snowboard boots on. At check-in, we will scan your child’s lift and lesson ticket and provide you with a secret passcode to allow you to pickup your child at the end of the day. Please notify staff at check-in of any special needs or allergies.
What is the schedule for the day?
After a trip to the bathroom and water fountain, we head out skiing at 10:00 a.m.. Breaks may be taken during the morning, depending on the student’s age, energy level and weather conditions. Morning lessons are completed at 12:00 pm Lunch is at served 12:10 pm for those in our all day program. The afternoon session begins at 1:00 pm and does not include lunch for afternoon only participants. Lunch can be added for an additional fee. Pick-up is at 3:00 pm in the Kids Club facility. During pick-up, you can check in with your child’s instructor.
*BRING YOUR SECRET CODE TO ENSURE FUSS-FREE RETRIEVAL OF YOUR CHILD. PHOTO ID WILL BE REQUIRED IF THE YOUR SECRET CODE IS FORGOTTEN*
2. Skis/snowboard, boots, poles, helmet, eye wear, big smile!
3. Lift ticket and Lesson ticket
4. Report card (if returning student)
Kids Club FAQs
- We recommend arriving 60 minutes early for ticketing and equipment rental fitting if needed.
- Drop-off at the Kids Club facility.
- Groups are formed by age and ability level.
- Please ensure your child has warm, waterproof layers, gloves/mittens and eye protection (sunglasses or goggles).\
- We recommend that your child wears a properly fitting helmet during ski lessons. Helmets are available for rent.
- In the event of your child’s injury or medical emergency, Crystal Mountain staff may contact medical personnel and/or arrange transportation to a medical facility. In case of emergency, every attempt will be made to reach the emergency contact provided at the time the lesson was purchased.
- Your child will not always ride ski lifts with an instructor, or an adult. If you want your child to always ride with an instructor, you must arrange for a one-to-one private lesson.